In a real estate transaction, the seller works through a Sales Agent to market and sell a property. The Sales Agent is legally obligated to represent that seller’s interests.
If you are in the market to buy, then it is in your best interest to enlist the services of a Buyer’s Agent to represent your needs. In Georgia, the law requires a signed Buyer Agency Agreement to enlist the services of a buyer’s agent
Seven main roles of your real estate agent
A Buyer’s Real Estate Agent:
- Educates you about your market.
- Analyzes your wants and needs.
- Guides you to homes that fit your criteria.
- Coordinates the work of other needed professionals.
- Negotiates on your behalf.
- Checks and double-checks paperwork and deadlines.
- Solves any problems that may arise.